Our Safety Philosophy
Colonial Pipeline’s highest priority is ensuring that
day-to-day operations are safe for employees,
contractors, the general public, and the environment.
We believe that all accidents and injuries are preventable,
which is why we are relentlessly focused on continuously
improving workplace safety and asset integrity practices.
Safety is the way we work, the way we think, and the
language we speak.
- We do not compromise safety to achieve any business objective.
- We build safety into the design, construction, operation, and maintenance of our facilities.
- We are accountable for our own personal safety and the safety of fellow employees, contractors, and the public.
- We ensure employees and contractors are trained and qualified to perform their work safely.
- We empower and encourage all employees and contractors to stop, correct, and report any unsafe condition.
- We only employ contractors who embrace Colonial Pipeline’s Safety Philosophy.
- We work closely with communities, local officials, and regulatory authorities to meet or exceed the highest safety standards.